spare change laying around

what do you do with your spare change ?? i hate it in my purse or wallet so we just dump it all in a big water cooler (( empty of water of course )) and some day, when its full we will go cash it in .......

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• We have a plastic container in our livingroom that we put ours in. Sometimes we try to save it until it gets to be about $100 and we use it to have fun and some times we use it as we save it. My husband might need some change for a drink on his way to work or my son might get some change to buy something at the school store.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I put spare change in the little container in the arm of the door on my van. Then when I'm out and about and really need a pick-me-up, I stop and get a coffee or sweet tea, and I don't feel bad about spending. I like your idea. When I was small, my dad quit smoking and started saving the 50 cents a day he spent on cigarettes (yes, it was a million years ago). I'm not sure how long he saved, but he used that money to put a down payment on a red Cadillac convertible. Woo wee, we thought we were something then!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I use mine. My husband put it in a bank at home and then periodically takes them to the bank to exchange for bills.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• throw it in a jar on the dresser in my bedroom
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• change goes in our daughters piggy bank
    designerjeans4u

Answer by designerjeans4u at 2:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I save it in a cup for my daughter and when it is full we take it to the bank and put it in the change counter.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Right now we put the pennies in a piggy bank
    And the dimes, nickles, and quarters in a 'savings cow.'

Our son is allowed to play with the piggy bank and all the pennies. The cow was given to us by our son's Grandpa and he said once it's full if it goes into our son's savings account, he'll match it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I put it in a baggy in my purse and buy things like hot pretzels after dance. Once I was going through Burger King drive thru and was paying with all change. The girl there tried to give me the food. She thought I was broke. I was just trying to get rid of all the change.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i have an old water container too and just throw it in there until needed
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010