My 10 week old is bottle fed and has recently started turning her head all the way to one side when she eats - has anyone else experienced this, and what does it mean if anything?

hg216

Asked by hg216 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when babies realize that they can turn their head both ways they just want to do it all the time to look at everything...thats all
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing at 10 weeks old I don't think I means anything because my daughter's doctor said that was fine it was going to hurt her.
    bugmambean

Answer by bugmambean at 12:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My daughter did that. Her ped said it had something to do with the muscles on one side of her neck being better developed than the other side.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree with CraftingMama's ped about the babies muscles are more developed on the one side. But be sure to offer toys, the bottle and talking to your daughter on the opposite side so the muscles can develop properly on both sides.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• team21 & craftingmama is right you have to help find the other side my daughter is delayed and she only turns one way so i will turn her body so that the only way she can turn is the way she doesnt like to but if you dont help her she could get therapy 1x a week to massage her and help her turn (so its best for mommy to help her find the other side) :) good luck mommy
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2010