Christmas nightmare - literally

I had a nightmare last night that I slept all the way through Christmas Eve night and didn't wake up to fill stockings or put out "Santa's gifts." It was awful!

Have you ever not filled stockings in time? When do you do it? Right after the kids go to bed or in the middle of the night?

We usually do it after we know the kids are fast asleep so they don't catch us.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 12:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• We just stay up until they are all sleeping and wrap and put out the presents. I know I wouldn't wake up if I went to sleep. This year though we are going to work very hard to get everything wrapped before Christmas Eve, so we can go to bed at a decent time for once.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I usually wait a little while after they go to bed and then fill them.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I take them down after they go to bed on the 23rd - so they're "missing" on the 24th. I fill them that night (23rd) and hide them in my closet, then hang them right before I go to bed the 24th.
    Anonymous

• I have never forgotten
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 10:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2010