Calling all supermoms. How do you balance it ALL?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Scheduling does the trick.

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• By realizing that there are no supermoms. You have to prioritize your life and some weeks the house will be clean and some weeks there are more important things going on. Having a schedule and being organized helps a lot with this.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree, having a good schedule makes a huge difference.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I wish I were a supermom. lol What keeps me sane is a schedule and I meal plan.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• "Supermom" was last sighted in Arkham Asylum, wearing a lovely white jacket with wraparound sleeves.

You balance things by making priorities and understanding that sometimes you have to let things go.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I work part time outside of the home so balancing is something of a must. I have come to realize something in the past year or so though that may help you. Your kids are not going to remember how pristine your house is or how fabulous your meal you cook are, they are going to remember the time you spent with them. this doesn't mean you live in a pig sty or you eat fast food every night of course... but you can cook large meals every other night and have left overs, chicken nuggets or take out every once in a while is FUN and your house doesn't always have to be Mother in Law approved, just passable! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Realize that you can't do it all, so prioritize. Do the things that have to be done, then the things that are most important to you. Making a schedult is important. Find what works for you. For me is a huge desk calendar on the computer desk. Then just before I go to bed, I check there for appointments, things due, etc, and I make a list for what I want to do the next day. In the morning, I check my list. Having lists helps you stay focused, and then you can look at what you've accomplished, and that keeps you from feeling so overwhelmed.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Organization, scheduling. Also, cut out anything and everything that you don't want to devote your time and energy to. By saying no to those things, you are saying yes to the things that are important to you and your family. Your time is something of worth and should not be given away lightly.
    Anonymous

• briefcaseI take one day at a time. Some days the LAST thing I want to do is get out of bed and drive to work, but I force myself. Helps that hubby is Mr. Mom right now, staying home and taking care of the baby. He’ll usually vacuum, wash the floors, even put the dinner in sometimes, everything except laundry – I don’t want him near that!

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• By not sweating the small stuff. By asking for help when it gets to be too much for one person. By setting priorities and sticking to them. I agree with But Mommie - your kids will remember the fun Mom had with them, not how clean she kept a house.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010