is it possible?

to ovulate only 1 week b4 ur period instead of 2 weeks b4 ur period?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Anything is possible.

Answer by older at 12:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Not everyone is the same: 2 weeks is just an (pretty accurate) estimate. Ovulation can vary, depending on the length of your cycle. I found the over-the-counter Ovulation Tests to be very helpful. If I counted the days I came up with a certain day, but when I tested, that wasn't actually accurate. I have a very regular 28-day cycle, and my count was still off from my ovulation by about 3 days. I went with the date the test gave me and got pregnant that month!
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 1:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Your cycle can always vary. So the "anything is possible" answer was valid though irritating!

But if you have your period only a week after ovulation, then your luteal phase was too short and even if the egg was fertilized it was doomed because the uterine lining was gone too quickly.

Best way to get to know your cycle is through charting. Check out tcyof.com. I can SWEAR to this method... it worked better than a dozen ovulation kits ever did. Pregnant FIRST TRY.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2010