This is about my aunt and uncles son.? Plz read

Ok My cousin is 4 years old...and still wears diapers!!! my daughter is 2 1/2 years old and she was potty trained like at 1 1/2 years old.. You think it's the parents that are just lazy and don't potty train him??

and He's very hyper and likes to have tantrums like scream kick all that... seems like he does that everytime i see him. and when you tell him no or tell him don't do that thats bad even when we explain to him why he gets really upset and starts crying and screaming. My grandma thinks he should get on some kind of meds to just calm him down alil bit because how he acts now he will never be able to go too school thats how bad it is...but his dad and mom doesn't want him to be drugged up..

So this all probably doesn't make any sense to anyone

But what could we do to maybe help him out when ever we do watch him?
what are you're thought about putting him on some kind of meds to calm him down?
and since he still isn't potty trained is that like...child abuse a little bit? cuz they always put two!! diapers on him!!!

Plz comment and let me know what you think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes. they are lazy. sounds like he is very spoiled
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• first does he have issues already and maybe you should talk to his parents. Meds on a four year old is a little early but you should talk to the parents about having him tested?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Well he doesn't do certain things that makes us kinda wonder if there is something wrong...but My gma trys to talk to them..but all it does is just go in one ear out the other.. The parents are very odd...

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• does*****
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Wow I would conceder it lazy but thats my opinion.
    foreverof4

Answer by foreverof4 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Makes sense to me, it sounds like my 4 year old. Regarding the attitude, some of it is the age. No one likes to be told no, but his parents have to teach him how to behave. Try and talk him out of his tantrums. They will only get worse. As far as potty training, sounds like lazy parents. Unless he has a medical condition, his parents are trying to keep him a baby. there is nothing you can do. Eventually, when they try to send him to kindergarten, they will realize their mistakes.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'll be quite honest, sounds far more severe than spoiled to me. I've lived it. They need to have the child evaluated for developmental disabilities.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010