What to do?

Does your s/o get on to you about not doing the same things that he may be doing? Going to bed at the same time. Play on the computer at the same time. Cook etc? If you are not up eachothers a*s 24/7, does he feel left out? If so, do you argue all the time? I am not sure what to do about the little tiffs that we get into? We will make up within the next day, but what is it that make us fight about stupid s*it? My s/o gets to where he says my house, my that, what the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on? I pay more than my share of everything. I keep telling him that my money is our money and still he says "mine this mine that." Help!

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 12:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah i would just have a talk with him tell him how you feel & that you cant always be with him 24/7 but i hope everything works out for you sweetie goodluck
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• he sounds controlling something that you should address before you keep going on in this relationship, the fact that things become "his" when he is mad at you, and wants to control what activities you are doing and when he thinks you should be doing them
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Is he PMSing?
    Mine won't go to bed without me. He say's he can't fall asleep without me. So he gets pissy when I'm not ready for bed when he is. For a few years after we got married he didn't want to go anywhere or do anything without me. At all. It was sweet, and strange. But he grew up, and yours will, too. Maybe he feels he's not getting enough attention. Maybe he feels you aren't 'into' the relationship as before? Maybe he isn't, and he's projecting. But, it's time for a talk, and to set some boundaries. Every relationship needs them.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You married a big baby, he's a brat, he needs to grow the fk up!
    Anonymous

• I live with someone like this and it changed the second I just let him say its mine and when it gets destroyed you can fall back and say you said it was your's? I to got tired of fighting this after ten years I am getting ready to move out. I would say its time for counseling.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• male PMS
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Time to sit down and talk to him. If he wants to play that game then stop buying him food, make him pay his own phone bill. He needs to learn to grow up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I am in counseling, but I know that my s/o wouldn't go that. I can ask, but I am pretty sure that would be a big blown out argument.

sexyfancyface

Comment by sexyfancyface (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Ask him if he sees the irony in the fact that he wants to do everything together but doesn't want to go to counseling with you. If it's a small issue like this in your marriage that you just need to find some commom ground on, it might be the kind of thing that one or two counseling sessions together could help you solve. Sometimes just talking it out with an objective third party to help you see things in a different light is all that's needed to find a resolution. Offer to do something with him if he does this with you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Sounds all too familiar... Ask him y he cares so much how you're spending your time? As long as you're getting what you need to get done accomplished and it's not effecting him he really has no place telling you what to do w/ your finances, time, etc. What's going on is he's miserable and needs someone to take his frusteration out on. I had a similar problem but went bye-bye..lol good luck with that one
    xoluvmybabiesxo

Answer by xoluvmybabiesxo at 1:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010