are cruises really as great as advertised? i have heard that they have great night life. i would love to go on a cruise someday.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Travel

• It's not for everyone but I personally LOVE them. Going on one in about 7 days and can"t wait. Great value for the dollar too!!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:36 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• They are fabulous. I love everything about cruising except the cruising part, I get deathly seasick, and nothing works well for me, I've tried everything. So save for the future, and go, have a good time for me, too.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Me too. I've never been on one but what has me sold on it is that they're all inclusive. Travel, boarding, and food are all included in your ticket price! It's actually cheaper to take a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas than it is to visit NYC for a few days.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• All inclusive unless you want to do stuff when you dock. Anything off the ship is out of pocket costs.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I've been on one and want to do another...hell, I'd really kind of would like to do three more at least...one with DH (we went on one while dating), one with just my girlfriends, and then one with the whole family!

Depending on when you go...they can be great and pretty much the same in cost as going on a different vacation because a lot of food is included...and yes, the nightlife can be good, good shows, and then of course depending on where you go, great locations to visit!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 1:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I went on one when I was pregnant. Had a very good time, but would have had a way better time if I wasn't pregnant! We went Royal Caribbean, so we had the rock wall, bunjee trampolines, all kinds of fun things in ports, etc, and I couldn't do any of it. There was plenty without, and I had fun, but I can't wait to go again (Royal Caribbean) to do all the stuff I missed out on before! I highly recommend RC!
    Anonymous

• I have only been on a Disney cruise and it was fabulous! We took our kids (ages 5 & 7) and they had an excellent time at kid camp while we did adult stuff. We paid for the smallest cheapest room and it was better than we expected as far as the size went. We were all sad when we had to leave the ship on the last day.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have been on 3 and didn't like any of them

Answer by admckenzie at 5:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• ive been one one and it was awesome! best to go with a big group and do all the excursions together. you can even meet people prior to the cruise on a chat site. i was 39 when i took my cruise, wish i would have gone long ago. i plan on taking my grown kiddos next year.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Got home 2 weeks ago from #12. LOVE to cruise!! We took our girls on their first one and they had a blast...they are 2 and 5.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010