do u think it is wrong for parents to expect their kids to take them in (their homes) when they get old?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• well of course it is ok to have you parents visit but i wouldnt want them to live with me i need my privacy & i want them out of my buisness to
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't expect my son to take care of me when I'm old. Yes, I raised him, but he'll (hopefully) have his own family to take care of, and I don't think he should have to bear the responsibility.

Unless he becomes a multi-millionaire, then damn straight he better move me into his home! LOL!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• it's really not the child's responsibility. the parent takes care of the child until the child can take care of themselves, then that child has children to take care of. now if the parent is sick then thats another story but if the parent just wants to mooch off the child thats wrong
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Its done in foreign countries all of the time .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes I think it is wrong of them to EXPECT it, if you choose to take your parents into your home should be a decision made between you and your spouse. It will also depend on the relationship that you have with your parents.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Nope, I changed their diapers so they can change mine :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It is not wrong, it is what should happen, heck they took care of us didn't they?

Answer by older at 1:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Depends on the parents. As of my parents YES. I will never allow them in my own when they are old. They didn't raise me, my grandparents did and when they could any longer my parents always kicked out us out over tiny things and I would stay with a friend.
    They left me in the lurch at 14 so they can go to hell and take care of themselves. Plus I don't want my kids to around them. I'm already not speaking to them because of the way they live their lives. It's not good for my children to be around horrible situation and influences.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think that is a child's duty, they raised you and in many cases gave you every penny they earned, why not give them the same? Then you are setting an example to your children also - I wouldn't want to be 'abandoned' as such.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Oftentimes in this country we don't treat our elderly generations with decency and respect. In my case, and I know everyone's situation is incredibly different, but if my parents or my in-laws needed to stay with me, and I was capable of giving them the care they needed, I would take them in. They raised myself and my husband's parent's raised him, they financially supported each of us growing up, gave us shelter, taught us what we needed to succeed the best we can in life, gave us unconditional love, and in return I will be there for them when they need it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010