kids are so understanding

having a hard time cant afford xmas working mom 2 kids daycare and many other bills and no help. was driving pass mcdonalds and my 3 yr old ask can we go i told her im broke and she said u can have my money out my piggy bank and just dont break my money again!!!! i also went to toys for tots for the first time ever and it was very emotinal for me cuz thats the only toys they will get this year it jsut remindes me y i always donate cuz now im the one in need!!! brought tears to my eyes that at so young she was willing to give

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• ah.. that is so sweet! hope next year will be better!

Answer by older at 1:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• That is a very nice story.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 1:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• She sounds like a sweet little girl and trust me, no better gift than a smile and a hug from her mama. GL hon.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• :) Bless her sweet little heart. And bless you too for teaching her to be giving instead of taking. I see so many kids in this world (my own included) that think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter because that's what the parents have taught them. (I'm working on my older two, it's hard to turn around an entire lifetime of thinking one way and then being told differently by someone who'se not the bio-parent, yes my older 2 are my step-kids, but they live with us now).
    I'm so happy to read this post, it reminds me that a giving soul is not lost in this world. :D
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 1:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• that's so sweet! :) my little girl is like that too, gotta love 'em :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• That is so precious! I'm sorry you're having such a rough time this year. I hope it gets better. I'm so proud of my 9 year old stepdaughter. Usually for Christmas she makes a whole list of things she wants from us for Christmas, but this year I think she realizes that we just don't have as much money. There was no list, no requests. She even offered to lend me some of her money for me to buy her baby sister a present, in case I didn't have enough!
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 1:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• That is so sweet .Hope things are better next year!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• What a sweet child and what a good mom you have been! Hug each other tight and remind her that Christmas is really about love and there is plenty of it in her heart (and yours!). hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Ok, tearing up. I'm sorry you're going through this this year. Hopefully you'll have a better year next year. God Bless you and your daughter in ways you wouldn't expect. :-)
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thats is a blessing...
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010