Christmas turkey...

What are your "recipes" for your turkey's???? What kinds of seasonings do you use?

I cooked a turkey about 3-4yrs ago for Thanksgiving and that's the only one I've EVER cooked, so needing some help to make this one good!

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 1:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think the best way to cook a turkey is in the Reynold's cooking bags, and I go by the recipe contained therein. I"ve never had one to turn out badly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I put bullion cubes in water at the bottom of the pan I cook my turkey in so that it stays moist and tender. While it is cooking I take a spoon and drizzle the drippings over the top of the bird so that everything turns out good and the meat keeps it's flavors.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 1:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I also have used Reynolds oven bags. They are the best way to cook a turkey. I have tried other methods and always go back to the bag. Always moist and delicious. I use poultry seasoning and butter, under the skin and all over the skin.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The BEST turkey I have ever made was the simplest. I use my electric roaster. Put the bird in breast down, cut up a stick of butter and lay the pats over the bird. Pour in 1-2 cans of low sodium chicken broth. Cook for 1-2 hours at 425, flip the bird over, turn temp down to 325, cook another 2-4 hours. Basting not necessary but doens't hurt, with the juices in the bottom of the pan. I cooked a smaller bird this way just last week, and my family devoured all but 1 breast in one sitting (it was a 10lb bird, we're a family of 6, 4 kids ranging form 3-9).
    Anonymous

• I inject my turkey with Tony Chaceries Cajun marinade. Season the inside and outside with lots of Tony Chaceries and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stuff it with onions and celery and bake in a reynold's bag. So juicy and moist
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Google Alton brown's recipe and make sure you brine it. I'm sorry I'm in such a rush here, can you google for the recipe?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Rub butter, salt & pepper on it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• dh smokes a turkey breast, we don't like dark meat but the white meat is usually dry. When you smoke them, the breast is very moist. I don't know all the details, but he wraps them with bacon, and bastes with butter and white wine.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2010