chlamydia and being pregnant adult content

I have gotten a hiv/aids test and it came back neg. I got a chlamydia test and it was pos i am 11 weeks preg and me and my husband had no idea so we took out pills and are getting it cured both of us is their a way our baby got it and is their some way i man have something else also???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When you were screened for Chlamydia were you not screened also for everything else?

There is no way your baby could have chlamydia, I'm pretty sure.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• As long as you're clear of chlamydia when your baby is born he/she should be just fine
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The baby could get chlamydia if not taken care of now, have you spoke to your Dr before taking your pills for this? If it's present at birth the baby could get it when coming through the birth canal.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• we both took our meds to treat it i found out i had this a few weeks after i got checked for hiv and stuff and i dont know if they took any other tests but they def found out i had chlamydia but we are both taking meds so i just wonder if i have other things ugh im freaking out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'd be more concerned where you got it from....you don't want to run the risk of contracting it again, especially while you're pregnant.
    Anonymous

• im assuming my husband we just got married and we dont have sex with other people so i guess it took getting preg to find out we had it but we dont have other sex partners so its just me and him and after we r both cured wont we not get it again? because we dont have sex with anyone else
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Talk to your D.r about a c-section. I've heard similar stories being a C.n.a and in some cases the baby can have chronic eye problems, or be born blind...not trying to scare you, i'm a mom myself, just trying to help..good luck
    xoluvmybabiesxo

Answer by xoluvmybabiesxo at 1:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Get yourself tested for EVERY STD ASAP. The presence of one usually means the presence of a second or third.
    Anonymous

• I've heard it's hard to get prego after having chlamidia it does something to your tubes. So be greatful you were able to get prego! make sure your hubby isn't going around! not trying to be rude just saying from experience! Good Luck!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Your baby is protected in its amnio fluid. It could only be exposed during delivery. Chances are you were tested for other diseases when you were tested for the other two. Call your doctor's office and ask to be sure.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2010