If you could experience any other culture/religion's Holiday which one would it be?

Chience New Year for me. We did it in elemenry when we had a Chiene girl in my class and her parents came and taught us about it and we had a blast wish I could do it again.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• I would like to be able to experience the Amish culture.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'd love to experience a proper Hindu festival.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I actually am doing just that right now. I'm living in Mexico teaching English and so I'm experiencing what their culture does for Christmas and it's actually pretty cool. There are parties almost nightly called 'posadas' where the kids bash open pinatas and get bags full of treats. They walk around the neighborhood with lit candles and people sing traditional songs (mostly religious, big time Catholics down here). It's different (at least for me) because Christmas is celebrated through the religious aspect down here, whereas in the US it's all about Santa, and it's so commercialized. I'm glad I have gotten the chance to experience it and I'd love to see how other cultures and countries celebrate their holidays. I guess I need to make my way around the world =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If I have to pick only one, I'd love to participate in Hajj. I think that would be absolutely fascinating, and that it would be an incredibly moving experience. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010