Jealousy of younger twins..

I have six children, all eight or under. My eldest who is eight is obsessed with not having a twin, as I have two sets of twins who are younger than him in age and basically do everything together, and sometimes he gets really upset about it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make him feel less insecure about this? We've tried sitting him down and talking to him and making special time for him but he's still really insecure about it. Ideas please :S.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 12:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You may need to seek professional help, to help your son figure out why something he can never ever change bothers him so much.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It sounds to me that "not having a twin" is not the problem. does he have a lot of friends? If not he may be upset about that and is jelouse that the twins ALWAYS have someone. That be the problem or maybe REALLY being jelouse about not haveing a twin I swould suggest professional help. Poor kid. GOOD LUCK, hope this helps
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2008