What can I do with my colicky baby? I'm losing my mind!

I have 6 kids, 9, 5, 3, 2 and my latest additions are twins who are 2 months old. Alana, the oldest twin is super colicky...I have my hands full as it is but I really think I might just go off the deep end here soon...she screams for a good 12 hours of the day. I haven't slept since they were born for more than MAYBE 2 hours a night and I'm at my wits end. Hubby is working a lot and my eldest can only help so much as she is only 9 years old.

Any suggestions to soothe my little girl?

jcarvalho

Asked by jcarvalho at 1:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get caster oil and put a drop on her belly button then get a pillow a heat pad and 2 blankets. put the heat pad on the pillow then a blanket over the heat pad then put her on her belly on the blanket then put the other blanket over her and rub her back. This had my son crashed in like 5 minutes. just stay with her the whole time and if she gets to hot mover her to her crib! good luck!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Set her near the dryer or maybe even the dishwasher( not on it, just near it) in her infant seat. There's something about the hum of the appliances that soothes a crying baby. Ours liked the vacuum cleaner, too.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas ladies, I'm gonna try those. I feel so bad...you'd think with so many kids I'd know it all but none of my others were colicky at all! This is a new problem for me.
    jcarvalho

Comment by jcarvalho (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• A baby swing would probably work too. It's the constant motion that soothes them.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Go down to any pharmacy and get some of the gas drops. Mylicon is the brand name but they are expensive so just get their generic brand. Those were like gold for me and I ALWAYS had a bottle in EVERY bag!
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would try some Karo syrup in the bottle you give them and then patting there tummy will be soothing as well.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was told by a doctor researching colic, that some babies with colic are more hungry. I fed my dd a little more bottle and made it thicker, you can add a little cereal and try that.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010