It is necessary to switch bottle nipples?

My daughter is almost 5 months and I'm still using slow flow nipples. The medium flow nipples say that they're for 3 months and up but she's still doing well with the slow flow. Is it bad if she continues using slow flow nipples? She's advancing really well and can almost hold the bottle herself so I figure she might be able to use a sippy cup in the next month or two so I don't know if it's even worth trying to switch over now.

momma_gig

Asked by momma_gig at 4:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• i switched over also because they were wearing out and instead of buying slow flow i just went to the next step up, if she's doing fine then don't change it, but use your best judgement, it would hurt to switch, but it wouldn't hurt if you didn't.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 8:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• You could try the medium flow... you'll know if it's too much b/c she'll be drooling & spilling when she's drinking. If it doesn't work out, switch back.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My daughter would start getting antsy at every feeding and that is how I knew I had to move up!
    Aubreysmommy124

Answer by Aubreysmommy124 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2008