Is this also supposed to be expected?

So i just had my cervix checked a couple days ago and i knew a little bleeding could be normal but the day after it was like little bloddy chunks... and then today in the shower i had like this snotty brownish/orange looking thing with a little tiny red dot in it... is that supposed to be expected? I'm not bleeding anymore but that thing was kinda freaky looking

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? did you call your doctor to see what it could of been?
    Anonymous

• I'm 36 weeks
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• could be ur mucus plug.. just call ur dr and inform them of what happen he/she might want to check you
    Anonymous

• its probably just part of your mucous plug. its completely normal especially after an exam because the doc sort of loosens things up when doing the exam. It could be a sign that labour will start soon so if you are not far enough along for that then call the doc. If you are far enough along, don't get too excited because it could still be days or weeks or it could be just around the corner no telling. It jsut your body getting ready. Look up Mucous Plug on Babycenter.com or DrSpock's website.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It could just be parts of your mucus plug comming out my last one was kinda bloody..... but i would call your dr just in case!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Sounds like capillaries from the cervix check to me (I had that a LOT!), and perhaps your mucus plug. Don't stress, brown blood is the good kind, but call you doc and let them know what's up. They'll know if it's ok for YOU or not. Good luck, mama! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Sounds like your mucus plug. I've gone into labor twice and never noticed mine, but it sounds like the description I've read.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2010