why do some women get mad when their s/o is turned off by their excessive weight gain?

getting turned off does not mean he is not in love with u anymore, it just means the attraction is not the same. i recently had a conversation with couple of guys about this;; their response was ;;;they are attracted to what u looked like when u first met so don't expect to gain 90 lbs and expect his attraction for you to not drop. they give a bit of leeway for a little baby weight though.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i agree with you. i don't do big because big means "i don't care" or "i can't" every woman and man can be a healthy weight and babies are no excuse. i'm not talking about being magazine perfect but if you live a healthy lifestyle because you care about yourself they you won't be overweight
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Well, I guess that's a guy's view. Did you tell them we are not attracted to them when they gain that beer belly? Or that we are turned off when they burp and fart. Did you tell them we don't like washing their disgusting underwear and socks? Did you tell them that maybe they could hire a surrogate next time they want a kid?

LOL! Because I sure the hell would have!!!!!!!!!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• probably because the attraction should be based on what they found on the inside - not the outside.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Weight shouldn't matter. Yes us women gain weight because of babys and pigged headed men need to realize we will never keep the same body forever. Men expect us to be okay with their excessive weight gain but it's not okay for us to have any weight gain.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• momofone - you must have zero stress in your life then. stress causes people to gain weight or causes it to be hard to lose - and not because you overeat but the hormone itself.
    Anonymous

• I think some women probably feel like crap about being overweight already and know they need to change but get mad when they are told they arent attractive anymore. I also think its a little funny guys would say this all the while getting a little balder and getting a spare tire over the years too. Im sure they would feel like crap if their women told them about it too.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Um, my husband is still very much attracted for me and Im a whole lot heavier. Thanks to kids. Men also gain weight! Beer guts anyone?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Actually, a man that loves you for YOU, won't give a damn about weight gain.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• LOL. I love that. "They leave a bit of leeway for baby weight" If my husband ever said that he'd better leave a it of leeway for my foot up his ass. I understand the attraction not being the same, but it definitely goes both ways! I just think men should know how to handle it, and tnm786 is right, the attraction shouldn't just be physical.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• So...what? In addition to taking care of him and his needs, kids and their needs, the house, and a job for some of us...we're supposed to use all of our free time making sure we look the same as we did when they met us? Because of course it's too much to expect him to love me (including attraction) for who I am instead of who I was...
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010