Poop question for 18month old

This is so dumb ... I realize that! We just had our 18month check up for ds and when the Dr asked about his bowel movements, I said that they are ALWAYS very loose and 1-2 a day. She then asked if he was getting enough fiber. I always thought that fiber loosened things up more ... but does it add bulk to make it more solid?! Please, I know it's descriptive, but I need some clarification. If it will help solidify things, do you have any suggestions for higher fiber foods? Thanks!

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 2:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would think that it would solidify things

Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Fiber does builk up the poop.
    Google fiber foods for kids and see what you find.
    I know cereal is good for fiber as are veggies.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Green vegetable's.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• spinach ravioli... and put it in hamburger helper too... plenty of fiber there! and yes. fiber helps to keep you "regular" .... or keep things moving smothly (and solidly) lol
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2010