No more Santa? No more Christmas magic?

How old were your kids when they stopped believing in Santa? Mine is 7 and it pains me that the magic and wonder of Christmas is gone for her.

amyb99

Asked by amyb99 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• Mine are 9 and 10 and I know they don't believe anymore, but we still go to the trouble of hiding their gifts and "playing Santa" My parents STILL do it for me at their house - and I'm 37! It's just fun for them to have no clue what they're getting and not even know we've gone shopping and all the gifts just show up. I think it will be perfectly magical to watch how happy they are Christmas morning when they see their gifts, even if they do know where they really came from.

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Im 38 and I still believe.

Our motto is "If you dont believe you dont receive"
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• mine never believed because we never taught them to believe in lies...

Oh give it a rest already. Don't tell me you NEVER lie to your kids.
    Anonymous

• Magic of Christmas gone? LOL! I'm 46 and I still very much have the magic of Christmas!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• mine r 5 and 9 and 10 and 13 ...my oldest's do not believe anymore so i do know what you mean by the magic is just gone..to me its just not fun for them anymore like i remember it used to be..but im holden onto my 5yr old awhile longer and my baby girl who's 9 ¸.•*¨
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't think the magic is EVER gone it is what you make of it. I think you can still have the magic. You can still do things to enjoy and be surprised it just takes imagination to do so. It's all how you percieve the whole Santa thing and what you do with it that counts and my daughter will be 9 in a few weeks and she has never said anything and I'm not telling but I will continue even when she does know.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My oldest is 7 and he still has the magic...even when they areolder many ejoy the magic but in a different way.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i do the same with my just about grown teen children and 1 is grown and a little one the only thing i do is also put money in their hand i do all the little shopping and i buy them a couple gifts and the tree, stockings and food games, movies everything is the same they usally gift bag the things they buy with the money but cannot touch it till Christmas Day, and all gifts are open on Christmas day not at 12:00 am
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• oh yeah, we still got the magic my grandparents still have it and all of their children besides who wants to be showed up by their grandparents ,i mean they can shop,cook, decorate before the rest of us, come on ,theres still magic, you just gotta make your own!!!
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Santa is not the reason for christmas anyway. My 3 yr old knows but is in denial, my 5 and 9 yr old are cool with the REAL reason behind christmas.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 10:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2010