I recently found out that my supposed "best friend" is now in a relationship with my children's father. She must not know that I know b/c she still calls and sometimes emails me. Idk what to say to her, I don't want to make a big deal out of it because he's the type that will love trying to get a reaction out of me and I don't want him knowing how much this upsets me...what should I do if she tries to contact me again? adult content

any input will help basically what should I do when this so called friend calls or texts and doesn't tell me about them, should I bring it up, or no? ..I have to see this man very wkend when he picks up the kids or drops them off.. he is the type of guy that likes hurting ppls feelings and knowing that he can still "hold power" over me. Things ended badly between us and I ended things and moved out, which ddin't amke him so happy-especially now where he has to pay support

xoluvmybabiesxo

Asked by xoluvmybabiesxo at 2:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i would be livid too - not because i have any feelings toward my ex but just the opposite - i loathe him for being a shitty father and abandoning his fatherly responsibilities. if my friends care about me, they care about my kids too. i would be pissed if any of my friends even talked to him much less shack up with him. thats a slap in the face to not only me but my daughter who he openly admits he doesnt care about. if he were a good father, maybe, maybe i wouldn't mind a friend dating him. still - hes your ex whom you share a kid with, your friend should know he's not fair game after the bad break up and sharing a child with him. im sure its not going to last long.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• tell um you know and your happy for them and wish him the best that way it ruins his satisfaction even though your not because if it were me id be livid thats wrong in my book to date a friends
    ex even more so if they have childern together
    makes me wonder if the whole time you were friends with her she was just gunnin for you man trying to get into his pants
    how long were yall broke up before the started dating
    91brarmywife

Answer by 91brarmywife at 2:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• well, your "best friend" definitely broke the hoe code. (fyi not calling you a hoe, just the female version of "bro code :) ). anyway if you don't want your ex holding power over you, then dont let this bother you. or dont let it show to him anyway. i'd find out why she wanted my sloppy seconds - then i would stop talking to her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think I would HAVE to let them know I knew....then act like I could care less. If he wants a reaction--don't give him the satisfaction.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Why does it bother you so much? He's single, she's single. Who cares. Dont let it bother you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• one of my good friends is married to my ex, has two kids and couldnt be happier, and im happy for her. if they are both happy, who cares?
    Anonymous

• @ 91brarmywife I agree with you 100% in my book a friend doesn't date an ex-especially her where she knows just how much grief this guys given me!! and I am livid. Not b/c I am jealous or anything like that, but b/c this woman is supposed to be my closest friend, and then I find out is keeping stuff like this frm me..makes me wonder what else she's been keeping..she was the 1 who gave me advice to leave him, he was "no good". Lol. we have been seperated 6 months now, but she and I have been friends for 22 years! well at least we used to be
    xoluvmybabiesxo

Comment by xoluvmybabiesxo (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Im trying to picture myself in your shoes. Its definatley shady if she hasnt even said hey I am now with your ex I hope we can still be friends. I defiantley wouldnt be a cllose friend to her anymore because my ex would try to use her to get information about what I am doing in my life. I would just say I am happy for you good luck and move on. Like i said she wouldnt be a close friend anymore.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would let them know that I know but don't give them the satisfaction of any sort of reaction. Just act indifferent about the whole thing. That is a really shitty thing for your friend to do. Totally goes against the girlfriend code. You should never be with friends ex.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You should just tell her that you know and don't understand why she didn't tell you in the first place, just be honest and tell her that you are upset with her. I agree with what okmommy08 said- i would be afraid that my "friend" would be trying to get information out of me to tell my ex too- either on her own free will or because he wanted her to :( Good luck lady!
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 2:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010