Potty training tips?

So my oldest is 26 months old... and with a 7 month old and one on the way i think its time to cut down the cost of diapering. We have an awesome potty chair that can be used with also the regular toilet while the base turns into a stool. I have no problem getting her to sit on the potty but i have problems with her getting to tell me yes if she has to potty. She always says no.... to any question that could be a yes. However i think we made some progress because today she was sitting on the potty naked.... 15 mins later came out with pull ups on we haven't shown her how to put them on but she figured it out pretty fast. Any tips to make it easier?

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't ask her if she needs to go. Make her go every 45 minutes until she gets the point. Even then you will go thru spells up to 4 years where she will tell you that she doesn't have to go and then 5 minutes later, she will have an accident.

Put the potty in the room that you are most in and use it for play time or movie time. Make an everyday chair rather than just when she is forced to sit on it.

I dressed my DD in a long shirt or dress with no pants on and just watched for the signs that she had to go. Soon it will become a routine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• thanks ill try that :)
    ArmyAngel18

Comment by ArmyAngel18 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010