How do you know when its too late for you?

I have been feeling so hopeless lately. I feel like giving up. My mental issues are beyond what can bear and I feel like God has given up on me. How do you know when its time to thow in the towel and just be done with everything? Im too tired to go on like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• sometimes you have to reach rock bottom to fully stand back up.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• You need a mental health professional. Don't get me wrong, I'm a christian, my father is a pastor. However, that dosen't mean I turn my back on modern medicine. You need to speak to your dr. about your depression ASAP.
    Anonymous

• God NEVER gives up on us, EVER, unless we ask Him to. Are your mental issues getting in the way? If you throw in the towel and just give up, you allow Satan to win. Please, go get help ASAP.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I am in counseling and going to see a psychiatrist on Nov. 12. Nothing ever seems to help me. I just have been wondering if I am beyond repair. I have been feeling like I am so messed up that I can not be fixed. I seem so normal and I do well taking care of my son and all, but I just cant get over this feeling. Nobody can ever diagnos me. None of the meds I hav e tried in the past have helped. None of the delieverances (exorcisms) I have been through have helped. Nothing helps. Mental health has not helped, serving God and prayer has not helped. I feel so lost. I KNOW if I didnt love my son so much I wouldnt be here.
    Anonymous

• It is never too late. Go to the Er. tell them you are suicidal. They will get you help. You need a good doc and the right meds to get your life back on track.
    Anonymous

• Here's a link to a great video in my opinion. It's a little skit but in the skit the girl looses her way...only to find God again. Sometimes it takes time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have gone to the mental hospital here and told them I was suicidal to the point of where I didnt feel safe minute to minute. They told me (and I quote) I am "not crazy enough". They said the MOST they could do is put me on 24 hr eval and then release me. They couldnt even do meds. Ugh. I know Im being dramatic. I really dont mean to be. Im just really depressed at this time. I feel like I am always doing things to sabotage any chance at a normal life I may have. I feel like I keep pushing everyone away. I dont know why I do this kind of crap. I feel like I am so stupid!! Nobody understands me EVER. Nobody can make sense of me and EVERYONE just gets so mad and frustrated with me. I can understand WHY, but I cant help it. I dont mean to be this way. I dont know why I am.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for the link Renee!!! I love skits like that. I will definatly check it out! I really appreciate it!
    Anonymous

• Crud, I lost my answer already!
    What I said was that you're not alone and it will get better. Check out nami.org, check out symptoms and signs, get as much information as you can. They have message boards as well, you're not alone and this is NOT your fault. Keep your appointments and do as much research as humanly possible. Message me anytime and we can get through this together!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Thank you Kris!!! Your support means a lot to me. I have been on Nami. I have definatly been doing a lot of research. Helps me to know Im at least on the right track. I really genuinly WANT to not be this way anymore. I hate feeling so hopeless.
    Anonymous