What is the best/ most thoughtful gift

you have recieved? It doesnt have to be expensive..just soemthing someone put alot of thought into.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• Our first Christmas together hubby bought me a promise ring.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• A gift that is home made.......the time and love involved means a lot. You can't buy that.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My husband wrote me a poem when we were dating.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have one that I still think about every so often. I told my mother for a long time ... watch this show, it's great, watch this show. She would always tell me she was going to get to watching it some day, but I just thought it was so great and wanted to know what she thought of it, or have someone else watching it too. On Christmas morning a few years back I opened a big shirt box, and inside was a certificate she made up saying she had completed watching the entire series, all seasons and everything, and that she had LOVED the show, and she wanted to talk about the episodes, characters, et cetera whenever I wanted to. It was more touching than I've described here, but I was thrilled!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I asked for roller skates every year and never got them. We lived on a ranch 15 miles from the nearest sidewalk, so it was completely impractical. Also, my mom cracked her tailbone in a roller skating accident, so there was no way she was ever going to get roller skates for me. My senior year in high school my best friend gave me her mom's old roller skates. It's the only time I've ever teared up opening a gift.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I remember watching my mom open a memorable gift. My moms family is quirky and my dad would have reason to be annoyed by them but he always respected it was my moms family. She had alot of family pride inspite of their quirkiness. My mom loves aprons and loves to cook so my dad bought her an apron and had it embroidered with " No one stirs it up like a Marcum" (her maiden name) She was so happy and cried!! It was beautiful..not only did he buy her one but he got her 2..she asked thru tears what the secong one was for and he said the auction at the Marcum family reunion..he gave her one to have and one to share with her family.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Amy, Tween& Twin..loved those answers!!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• MY DH knows how much I LOVE WOW so he paid for a year subscription to it for me !!!!!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• what is WOW?
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The gift of time. Just spending time with my husband, not doing anything in particular. Just hanging out. Time that my dad spent taking me to a ball game or fishing when I was a kid. Those are things that are most precious to me.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010