Terrorists Planning on Poisioning Salad Bars and Buffets?

(Daily Mail)- Al Qaeda terrorists planned to poison food at multiple US hotels and restaurants over a single weekend, it has been revealed this morning.

The ‘credible’ plot involved slipping the poisons cyanide and ricin into salad bars and buffets, according to CBS news.

The terrorist group behind the failed ‘ink cartridge’ attacks on cargo planes in October were said to have hatched the plan.

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula branded the plot ‘Operation Haemorrhage’.

Militants say the plot consists of ‘attacking the enemy with smaller but more frequent operations’ to ‘add a heavy economic burden to an already faltering economy’.

Will that stop you from eating at one?

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 2:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That is, if fears of e coli contamination haven't already stopped you?

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Scary, it could happen tho, as most anything could happen. One never knows.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• NO, I will still eat wherever I please!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Oh, so terrorism IS still a very real threat to us. I thought Obama and his minions said there were no more threats. Wait! So, Obama LIED?! Naw, no way! I don't eat at them anyway, so no this won't dissaude me from what I already don't do. Good post, by the way, savage.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't do buffets. It's difficult, if not impossible, to maintain proper temperature of heated items, And then, you deal with the people touching the serving spoons. And then you deal with low paid, uncaring people dealing with them.

That being said, I will warn the managers at work. We have a famous salad bar.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If the government keeps you scared it keeps the people docile!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Buffets and salad bars are already nasty so how would we know it was an attack or someone didn't just wash their hands.lol I am not living my life in fear but I do avoid places that have buffets and salad bars stomach bombs already. Only fine dining for me if there is a credible threat they are targeting my favorite place then I might worry.

Anonymous

• I'll have to agree with Anon on that one!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This happened in the US, maybe in Oregon, in the 80's. It was done by a cult group...I can't remember the story but i'll try and find more information.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We are all going to die someway, and I know I can't live my life in fear of food, airplanes etc. If thats the way God wants me to go then so be it lol.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010