How do u keep a two year old from playing with his private parts

LisaMarie241

Asked by LisaMarie241 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You don't, its natural and they are going to do whether you like it or not lol.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No, it s a natural thing, they are just curious
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You cant stop it, all you can do is let him or her know that is done in private and not when you have company or in the middle of a grocery store
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You don't. it is completely normal, healthy, and shouldn't be interfered with.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• ¸.•*¨they are just very curious at this age...its okay i wouldn't freak out to much about it and he's only 2 so its not like you can sit down and talk about how not to do it all time etc..etc..hes still small..it will be okay ...good luck...i have a 5yr old who still loves being naked from time to time...err kids..they are SO funny¸.•*¨

gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• So most little boys go through this. I have a little girl also and she never did anything like this. So when I saw him I freaked out and called my husband and he said it was normal too. I just didn't expect this to happen so soon
    LisaMarie241

Comment by LisaMarie241 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My son is 11 months old and does it! ah he does it when he's poopy! which means not only I wash my hands but he does too lol!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• He is just learning about his body. Its normal for a child to touch themselves. I certainly wouldn't make a big issue over it.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You don't. You discourage him from doing it at inapproiate times but you don't make him feel like it's wrong. My son hardly has his hands off himself at each bath & diaper changes. It's a very natural boy thing.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• He's found his forever best friend. Both my boys did it and sometimes still do where it is inappropriate. The worst by far was DD. She had her hands up her skirt visibly until she started school. Now that they are older, what they do in the privacy of their own rooms is for them, and them alone.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010