What Day of the Year Does DHS Take OFF??

Ya gotta wonder which day America’s anti-terror forces are kicking their feet up with a book and maybe a nap, instead of, you know, “keeping the American people safe?”

On ABC’s World News tonight, Diane Sawyer sat down with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to talk about the possibility of a terror attack over the holidays.

And Napolitano, doing her best to keep us all feeling cozy and warm, said it’s almost a year-round operation:

“What I say to the American people is that… thousands of people are working 24/7, 364 days a year to keep the American people safe.”

Uh, 364 days, you say? So which day is it when you guys are at the beach? Because I think I might stay home that day, also. You know, skip the airport, subway, and I’m probably not even answering the door that day. I’m thinking that’d be a great day for me to skip the family reunion, take a pass on that trip to Times Square, and altogether be the frightened scaredy-cat the terrorists have been hoping I’d become. Might even dig a hole in my back yard and spend that 24-hour stretch out of sight.

Napolitano didn’t specify which day was the Homeland Security “off day,” which of course helps to keep our terrorist enemies off guard. After all, if they don’t know the magic day when all are defenses are down, how can they plan an attack? Is it New Year’s Eve? (Perhaps too obvious) Flag Day? Is it that National Cupcake Day? Can we agree to make it a day when I’m out of town?

Watch the brilliant moment here, from ABC:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/janet-napolitano-were-working-247-364-to-keep-the-american-people-safe/

confused

Does that make you feel safe?

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 2:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• cant find something real to discredit someone for we have to take cheap shots at them for forgetting things or making little slip ups..
    This isnt even newsworthy,,, People slip all the time

Wow, that reminds me of something, somewhere......OH now I know...George Bush, boy that sure was fun making fun of and discrediting HIM, wasn't it!!?? Oh but those days are gone now though huh, NOW we have the SMART people in charge!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Janet's Birthday
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• LOL...I wonder if DHS works to protect the citizens in all 57 states as well?!? :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• So funny, I suppose it was just a mistake but it does seem Obama, Biden and Napolitano are perfect poster people for our crappy eduction system.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This isnt even newsworthy,,, People slip all the time
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

I don't know why your all laughing, I think..........This is a big f**king deal!!!

LMAO I just could not resist in joining in!!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Don't you care about the security of our Nation, Mom2just1?

Do you feel a kindred spirit with incompetent people? Just asking.

SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Can you just imagine if Sarah Palin said that? It would be breaking news on MSLSD!
    SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Or maybe it was a Freudian slip?? Remember the Underwear Bomber?

SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This isnt even newsworthy,,, People slip all the time -Answer by Shaneagle777

Yea, like the Treasury and Federal Reserve slip up with printing bills. Pardon me, but I'll leave the real "newsworthy" pieces up to you from now on. OK? Happy now?
    *eye roll*
    SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010