My Luteal Phase is 14days; how does this affect TTC?

I'm new to all this! Just wondering what a Luteal Phase has to do with TTC. Thanks!

Mrs.G1

Asked by Mrs.G1 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The luteal phase is the portion of your cycle between ovulation and the first flow day of your next cycle. During the luteal phase is when progestrone levels are raised to substain a pregnancy. A normal luteal phase is 11 (preferably 12)- 17 days. If your luteal phase were to become shorter than 11 days it would be considered a luteal phase defect. If you have a true luteal phase defect your body will NOT be able to substain a pregnancy.

14 days is a good luteal phase time. I'm curious as to how to you know how long your luteal phase is though. You can know FOR SURE through charting but that's really the only way to know to know for sure other than daily ultra sound which isn't practical.
    Anonymous