• In the Spotlight:

30 weeks... or am I?

Well I am 30 weeks in a few days. I worry I am not as far along as the dr has predicted. My last ultrasound was at 18 weeks and they said I was exactly that according to the babys measurements. My due date was right on.
The baby websites I subscribe to say I should be experiencing discomfort, unable to tie my shoes or bend over. I would have lots of pains and swelling. But i dont.
My feet hurt after stnding on the for hours and my back does really hurt at the end of the day. But i dont feel its unbarable or so horrible. I just wonder if I am lucky or if I am not as far along as they have estimated.
My dr measures my stomach and hasnt said anything. I do not feel the baby kicking my ribs yet..... He kicks and pretty high but not my ribs.
I just wonder.... I was hoping I was further along but I dont think so.....

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 1:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh you're lucky, just like I was right at 30 weeks lol! I'm now 34 weeks and things are a little different.

My baby hasn't kicked my ribs either. She has her favorite spots where she likes to lay, not all babies like to jab ribs and such. She stays mostly above my belly button and in my lower abdomen.

I felt friggin fabulous right up until 30 weeks, then I think my baby had a growth spurt or something, because my pelvis started aching SO bad. Now I have constant pelvic pain. It's so annoying.

But it's perfectly fine if you're not swelling and cramping and crying and bitching and moaning. There's only a handful of us that are that lucky. I hope your pregnancy continues to be great and doesn't start to suck like mine has!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think your body is just cruising through pregnancy. A lot of women don't experience the tough pregnancy symptoms, me included. I don't remember mine ever kicking my ribs, I carried lower. So call yourself lucky!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Every pregnancy is different, some aren't as tough as others. I have to say I'm a little jealous of you! No such luck with any of my pregnancies, it just means that this is different to some really difficult ones! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :).
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Kaylee didn't really kick in my ribs, but she kicked right behind my hip bone (that freaking hurt!!)

I also was able to tie my shoes all the way through my pregnancy.

My feet didn't really start to swell until about 34 weeks, then it was bad. Also, your salt intake has a lot to do with how much you swell, so if you don't eat a lot you may not notice dramatic swelling like I did. I could press on the side of my ankle and my finger would sink it almost an inch, and I am SO not exaggerating.

So, all in all I think that websites and books are good guidelines for what to expect, but you most definitely do not feel everything that they describe.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Sounds like you're having a great pregnancy, count your blessings! I was NEVER miserable during mine, didn't have one of those rib kicking moments until I was starting to push during labor, and it freaked me out!

Doctors seem to be all too anxious to change due dates, so if your's isn't saying anything, then don't worry! Even so, remember that a due date is nothing but an educated guess, so make sure you have that bag packed a few weeks early!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008