If CPS came to your door ....

would you invite them inside or schedule an office visit/meeting?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would invite them inside.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i would totally invite them in...I have nothing in the world to hide....except for the Mountain of laundry....hahahaha....but I hope that is to be expected in a normal household :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I too have nothing to hide. But for them to go to your door usually means that they have a warrant of some sort. I dont think theyd just show up knowing that they cant go it to investigate. Not sure though
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Ask them if it was a joke, then have them come inside.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would have them come inside.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• office visit...same as if an officer asks to search my house or car without a warrant. and no, i dont have anything to hide, its just a BAD idea. im a social worker and i would NEVER advise anyone to let cps in without a court order just as all the cops i know would NEVER advise anyone to consent to a search of any kind without a warrant. you just never know what the result will be even if you think there is nothing to find...you'd be amazed at how many times people voluntarily let cps in and end up having serious issues as a result. they thought they had nothing to hide, but a social worker can find an issue with ANY home if they really want to. you'd amazed and some of the dumb stuff on our check lists, things that arent even met in my own home eventhough my children are exceptionally cared for.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This has happened to my mom cause my dad was arrested at our house (in that case they have to do an interview). Anyway LET THEM IN. Technically, you don't HAVE to, you can say it is a bad time and schedule a time for them to come back but it makes you look like you have something to hide. Dont' worry if your house is perfectly clean, ours wasn't and we were embarressed ( we just got back from vacation and there was a mountain of laundry in the living, laundry and dining rooms) but don't worry, they see so much worse. As long as it is safe and not gross (like bugs everwhere, poop on the bathroom floor) or dangerous they don't care. The main thing they check is that everyone has a bed (no sharing and no couches) and that the house is safe.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yah no, they should be telling me why they were there or be asked to leave. If they wanted to check on my child for some reason, I'd have no problem with that, but I don't just have dinner dates with CPS...lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would tell them to come back with a warrant/court order. You should never let CPS in your house without one...it's inviting trouble. They wouldn't even get past the front door view wise.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Probably would.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010