• In the Spotlight:

do you think its time for another baby?

well i have 2 girls..1 year old and 2 year old. me and my boyfriend want another..we would prefer a boy. do you think its too early for another??

ms_tina

Asked by ms_tina at 1:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• That's totally up to you, if you can afford it! Personally, I'd give my body a break and some time to heal after all that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I don't think anyone can answer that except for YOU and your BF!! LOL.. Good luck.. :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 1:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• well i have 2 boys a 2 year old and a 6 month old my husband is going to boot camp next week and he wants another one. honestly if you want to be pregnant again then i say go for it. my husband wants 5. ill give them to him cause once he gets out of boot camp he will be making 100,000 a year. so if you have the money then go for it. just a tip make sure your oldest is potty trained it will make things easier on you
    brownsugar22

Answer by brownsugar22 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'd give my body a break, personally. And, not to say you wouldn't be happy either way, but maybe wait until the idea of a baby in general is more exciting, not just a boy. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Aside from being crazy, I don't think its too soon if you guys feel ready. Personally, it takes me a few years to forget how much I hate being pregnant and start catching "baby fever"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Brownsugar22,  Your DH must be going to be  an Officer Because private do not make $100,000.00 ayear, starting out..

Answer by louise2 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• As long as your family consists of "boyfriend" rather than "husband" I would keep waiting for that next child.
    Anonymous

• It is yours and your bf choice. I agree with the above as long as he is bf and not husband I wouldnt consider it at all. Also even if he was your husband you need to make sure you can really afford another baby. I feel like everyone should be finncial stable meaning own(not rent) house, own car, and have money in the bank before you even have any kids. But might be a dream world but you should at least have a good stable job, a car paid for, and a house you are buying. This is just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I have a BF and not a husband... to me it make no difference. the only thing different between him being my BF and being my husband is a marriage licence. a piece of paper means squat to me.
    That being said... You must talk to your SO. ask him his reasons on wanting another baby... have him ask you you're thoughts on this. My children are 5 years apart. I didn't plan them that way at all.. that's just how they came. My so and i are talking about having a 3rd baby in the near future... if i was to get pregnant this month then that would mean our 2nd and 3rd children would be 3.5 years apart.. it makes no difference when they come... just that they do and that we both want them. do i make sense?
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 5:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Girl, do what you want ! I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old also! Girl and Boy, and I have caught the "baby fever" too! I want to wait until after the summer until we try again . I want a vacation to the beach with my husband lol! Before I have any more babies ! But congrats on your other two I know just how hard it is to take care of two babies all day :o)
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 7:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2008