What do I do?

A guy that I am falling for texts me 2 days ago and says it won't work out between us, but still wants to date, but more slower then the slow that we are doing. He still wants the sex and other connections, but says he wants us to move more slower, and wants to continue to do things together. Is there actually something there between us and is connecting but taking time or what?

8-ball-lover

Asked by 8-ball-lover at 3:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Sounds like he's just using you for sex.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't really care about you but I still want to sleep with you. Well, are you ok with that? Because that's what he really said.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• He talks to me everyday, tells me that he isn't just using me for that, continues to want to date me, but take things slower because of him getting out of a 8yr relationship. Says at one time he isn't ready, then another time he wants to be with me, then tells me again that he isn't ready, now says he wants to slow things down a little bit more. His cousin and her boyfriend both telling me that he has strong feelings for me because he tells them this, but whenever it comes to one of his days he tells me this BS. So I don't know, I told him that I wasn't playing his games and it had to stop now.
    8-ball-lover

Comment by 8-ball-lover (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree with the pp's...if you're still interested in him, tell him fine, you'll be happy to take things slower, but that will also include not having intimate relations. If he's okay with that, then he's probably worth continuing to date. If he's not, then you'll know he's just in it for the lay and you can move on.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• He wants friends with benefits pretty much
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• In my opinion which is only worth 2 cents... This is what I would tell my daughters. He is fine with sleep with you but he knows you are not the one he wants to spend his life with so the only effort he is going to make is sleeping with you until something better comes his way! Sweetie take it from someone who has raised two girls and working on the third... he is not worth your time and heartache. Good luck!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 3:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• well of course he isn't going to tell you that he is using you for sex, but it sure sounds like that is what he is doing. He wants his needs fulfilled but doesn't want to be in it for you-sounds like a pretty selfish guy-there are a lot better guys out there. I would suggest you do yourself a favor and quit wasting time on this slug!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Wait... When does sex get involved in taking it slow, let alone taking it slower than slow??

What should you do?
    Quit wasting your time on him. Go find yourself a man who'll treat you the way you deserve.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 3:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Sounds like he just wants sex. Usually moving slower means no sex.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• He just said he doesn't want the emotional part of the relationship only the sexual part. You can do better. You don't want a guy that only wants half of you.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010