How do you lose weight?

besides eat right, of course

walk/jog
wii fit board
go to gym

at home on your exercise machine
other...please share

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 3:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The only time I have had real success that lasted I was exercising 3-4 hours a day. No joke. I would get up bike, then I would bike to college, then I would read my textbooks, while I was on a stationary bike. It didn't hurt that my roommate and I would get into competitions over who could sweat more/ work out the longest without stopping/ went the furthest. Aside from that I was walking all over the campus and dancing all night. I don't think I could ever do that again.

Now, I find a book I have really been wanting to read and I save it ONLY for when I am on my stationary bike. Since I love reading, it works for me.

beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 12:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Aside from eating healthy. Which does not mean cutting out everything under the sun. It means portion control, quanity control, and eliminating soda. That is one thing that should be eliminated from everyone's diet. Though I'm not exactly one to say I've done that successfully, though I do rarely have it.

Wii Fit Board. Which includes Yoga, Pilates, and Cardio.
    Walking the kids around the neighborhood.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't think there is one magic answer except in some way use up more calories than you take in. The only time I ever lost weight, I was working as a nurse on a really difficult floor, we literally never got to sit down, sometimes not even to eat lunch. I ate just about anything I wanted, but if you are basically exercising 8-9 hours a day, you can't NOT lose wt. Who wants to do that, though? I think just finding a exercise routine you can live with without being bored out of your skull, and cutting down on portion size works best, for me anyway.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Don't forget that everything counts when it comes to exercise. You can park your car far out in the parking lot and walk to the mall or store. You can spend a couple of hours walking around the mall. I do all these things. I hardly ever sit either. Stand when you can. LOL! Even when I eat my mint oreos! Anyway, cutting out sodas and drinking water will help too. Do you have stairs in your home? That's the best FREE exercise as well. I try to make as many trips up and down as I can. Sometimes, I even race the dog, just for fun.

I also recently bought the Xbox 360 Kinect. I am doing Zumba and Dance Central. That helps a lot!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I know eating right is part of losing weight that is why I said that. I'm wanting to know how everyone else is losing weight. I want to lose weight but don't think I could give up the foods and drinks I love...plus the motivation. Exercising I find boring...how do you get motivated?
    horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010