need help

hello i have just found out that i am pregnant and went to hospital for craming and bleeding now they took blood and did an ultrasound. the ultrasound and it only showed a fliud sack i they said meant i was early in the pregnancy and my hormone level told them that i was at least 7 to 8 weeks. now i was on depo and the last shot i got was in july of this year. they say that might be somethen that making the baby not grow. now what results should i trust more the ultrasound or the results of my hormone levels. now they also gave me my rhogam so i have that done

brittanijarrett

Asked by brittanijarrett at 4:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At 7 weeks you may not see more than a sac to begin with. Especially since the results can be off by as much as 2 weeks. You could only be 5-6 weeks along.

also, cramping is normal this early since your uterus is stretching. I cramped for the first 11 weeks...to the point that I would be doubled over on the floor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i would trust the u/s & also dont worry if they couldnt see a baby yet since you are still early in your pregnancy ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I am having my 1st U/S this Thursday, Dec. 23 and I am about 6 weeks along (but if I calculated from when I know I got pregnant, I would only be about 4-5 weeks along) so to answer your question, you may just see the yolk sac or you may also see a little bean (your baby) and a heartbeat. I was told not to freak out if it isn't seen this early as sometimes it can't be seen until a bit later on 8-10 weeks approx.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 5:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You are supposed to see the baby and hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks. I just had a miscarriage back in July. Went in for an ultrasound thinking i was about 3 weeks..they couldnt see anything so i had to keep coming back till they saw something..well i did and right when i was supposed to be 6 weeks they saw a tiny little of something and a slight heartbeat but the next week it wasnt there and thats when he told me that i was going to miscarry...so i wouldnt worry to much yet...you may just not be far enough along
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010