Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

concerning dr fees for disability forms

I paid a doctor for a visit to fill out disability form. When I got there he told me that they still did not get it, even though at first they said that they did. He told me not to worry he will fill it out when he gets a new form. Three months went by, now they say they send it, then they say they dont have it. Disability lady said they are still waiting and case will get closed soon. I called dr and begged to please fax it they said they want money. Money, I paid them in October for the visit to have it filled. Either way, I told them to give me the paper work and I will pay for the filing then. Once the disability office gets papers the doctor gets money anyway. They then told me that I have to pay about $35 -45 dollars if I want them. Is that right? Can they do that. Even if I get it, once I fax them they are getting extra money, and I lose more money than they already gotten from me. Is this allowed?

Answer Question

Asked by atomus10301 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Yikes! My dr. charges for them also but it's like $5 and has a 48 hr. turn around time.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 4:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • since when would a physician get paid from the SSI dept for filling out a form they charged you for?
    an office can charge for a completion of forms, and they can charge for the release of medical records. So yes, they can charge you twice for this service since technically it is not the same service. As far as getting it done in a timely manner, that is between you and the physician you chose to complete the exam and assesment, and paperwork. Likely, the physician is not doing the paperwork and some young underpaid overworked staff member is. Offer a bag of chocolate to the receptionist tomorrow and kindly ask for the forms to be completed. They should have photocopies in your records of the forms which you can obtain, however the SSI office will not accept photocopies and an original signature is required.
    It sounds to me, like the office hasn't been paid for services rendered.

    Answer by jewjewbee at 4:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • When my husband was getting disability the government was the one to request the forms. I wouldn't pay them a dime. If an agency or other Dr. requests the forms you do not have to pay for them.

    Answer by mollgirl at 5:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • Well, the problem here is that they filed forms in August, and they did get paid. They were send another form in Sept, but office claimed they did not get it. SSI, kept sending them forms, until finally in November office said they got it. Now when I called I was told that they still dont have it, then after talking for a while, they said that they did and it was completed and send. Then when I told them SSI did not get it, they said they did have it but not filled out. SSI lady told me to have them just fill it and give me papers, I can fax it, and the office gets reembursed for their trouble once SSI receive the forms. SSI did pay them in August so I doubt they are refusing to pay for the extra forms that they need. And the visit I paid for was for the check up required to fill out SSI forms, since I missed the appointment with SSI doctors. So I dont believe it is about no money, but rather greed for more.

    Comment by atomus10301 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
what is wrong with my nose

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
need help