• In the Spotlight:

Need X-Mas Gift Advice, Please!!

My parents really don't want any x-mas gifts but I feel like we still need to do something special for them (and have something under the tree).... any thoughts or creative ideas?

Sbrady8208

Asked by Sbrady8208 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• We did a big multi- picture fame(12 pics) for my parents and put snap shots of the kids in it from birth to now.
    We got DH parents a personalized ornament with the kids picture on it and the year.

WE considered allowing the kids to decorate plates they have kits for that at most hobby stores.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Get a digital photo frame & load some pics on it (leave room for them to add their own). Do they watch movies? If so, how about a Netflix subscription (not my idea-someone I know is doing this).
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If they "really don't want" gifts, I'd respect that. I still understand your feelings about wanting to do something. Maybe give them copies of the children's school pictures and some homebaked goodies to enjoy!
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 4:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Family Portraits, even if done at home in front of the tree.
    Bake a big batch of cookies and other treats to go with it.
    Tickets to a comedy club, music or show theater of their choice.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree, home-made goodies and photographs might be a really great compromise.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I just told that to my daughter and I told her that of course I want something from the grandkids but we don't need anything I want them to spend the money on my grandchildren but I would have the kids make them something cutesy frame with them in there, a stepping stone for their garden with the kids hand prints, a concert maybe they are wanting to see movies tickets
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Photographs, tracings of the grandkids hands, stuff like that
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 9:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Framed picture of the grandkids art work.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• hi. a simple xmas card will do just let your thoughts and emotions be written in the card...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thanks Everyone! I love the idea of homemade treats and photos =) Happy Holidays to you all!
    Sbrady8208

Comment by Sbrady8208 (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2010