Questions about divorce

I want to file for a divorce but don't even know where to start I think it would be a better idea to wait until we get our taxes back so i can have something to fall back on until i get a job but want out now so bad i can hardly stand myself.. my problem for now is we have one car due to the fact he wouldnt pay on the new ones and lost them i bought my car with tax money last year so i could get my kids to the dr etc, would he get it? How long should i expect this to take? I also wish to seek full custody of my children because he cant even be trusted with them at home for fear of them getting hurt cause he wont watch them i have proof hes unfit to care of them i wish to take no child support for full custody anyone think that will work? He said once before he couldnt leave cause he couldnt afford the child support..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• since your married WITH kids a divorce for your conditions can take a year or two if he wants to fight it. the first thing you would have to do is go to a lawyer and get prepared for it to be nasty because most divorce's are. Are you sure you dont want to work it out with your DH ? have you tried counseling ?
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• he wont I've tried he wont even talk about it, hes even said he didn't know if he wanted to still be married or not
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• There are rules when there are kids involved so expect it to take time. You can ask for anything but if he contests it then you have to negotiate. If he doesn't say anything and doesn't show up for court then you get whatever you ask for. You both still have to take classes though bc of the kids. Just call a lawyer. Most have free consultations for divorces

Answer by admckenzie at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010