Does your dog dance when he gets fed?

Our dog dances when he is fed. He litterally spins in circles and stands on his hind legs a couple times.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 4:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Pets

• no... mine won't shut up. While I am fixing his food he barks his head off at me like it will make me go faster.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• They follow us around. One of them will shove her bowl around the floor till it's in the place she wants it.
    TigerofMu

Answer by TigerofMu at 4:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My dog checks out the grub that we are having first to see if she's missing out and then goes to eat her own chow. It's really funny because she likes people food on the same plate as her dog food.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My dog sits and waits for me to fill her bowl. I guess she's odd!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 5:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Haha, no, but she gets so happy she wags her tail so hard her whole butt shakes back and forth. :)
    She dances and does tricks for treats - she gets all worked up for that, lol. My husband has taught her to "dance", to play dead, and to almost roll over.
    But with food she usually just waits for me to fill her bowl and then runs and eats. I keep her bowl full all the time, though, so maybe that's why (she doesn't eat a lot, or overeat, so I don't mind leaving it out for her).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No dancing, but he will "talk" to us and tell us all about how he thinks he needs to eat RIGHT NOW and bug the heck out of us until we give in and feed him dinner.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No, My fllat coat retriever used to act like that but I will not feed him until he is calmly sitting.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No,my three dogs perform sit stays or down stays until released to their dinner dishes simultaneously.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 5:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• That is exactly what our puppy does...we call it his "Dinner Dance" . We also get told off if we are taking too long with it!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010