Honeymoon: with or without kids?

We didn't take the kids anywhere this year but we went to the Dominical Republic.

We spent everyday at the pool or eating.

We are getting married next spring/summer and want to also take the kids on vacation. We could take the kids on the honeymoon with use to an all-inclusive. They would have a kid center where we could drop them off for a bit while we have some one on one time. OR we could go on a honeymoon, just the 2 of us and then take the kids on a vacation later in the summer...this would mean 2 seperate trips and double the cost.
We have each been married before and have 1 child each from those marriages.
What would you do?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• If you don't do it now you never will.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Go alone, leave the kids behind. Have a real honeymoon and do a cheaper getaway with the kids down the road.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• No kids! If you take the kids it isn't a honeymoon it's a family vacation! :0) I agree though if it's possible do both!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• if i had the money i would do both. im still waiting for my damn honeymoon, and our 2 year wedding anniv is in april! errr
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You do what you want.

Answer by louise2 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would take two vacations. I would go with my husband alone for the honeymoon and do something less extravagant for the kids this year. Like a couple of day trips to a theme park, but not a full vacation.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If it were me I would have a 'kid-free' honeymoon and then later on have a family vacation with the kids.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• When I got married 5 years ago we each had 1 child from previous relationships. We went to the Atlantis hotel in the Bahamas. It was fun and the kids really liked it but if I had to do it again I would have just the two of us go on the honeymoon. You will have lots of family vacations but you only get ONE honeymoon.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Honestly, I think a "Honeymoon" is strictly for the bride and groom. But you could change the idea of it and make it a family vacation if you wanted to. I think you should do what is best for your family. I could go both ways on the idea.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I can't imagine experiencing a honeymoon with kids! Don't get me wrong, a vacation with kids could be really fun--but I don't think it would be much of a honeymoon. Even if you drop them off, you're still going to feel the weight of responsibility. GL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2010