How do I make a Thomas Party for My Son??

Austin will be 3 in as many weeks. He is way into trains (especially Thomas) and I am trying to find ideas for a birthday party he will love. Being a single mom with limited income, cheap ideas are best. Thanks!!

friendsbymail

Asked by friendsbymail at 4:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• Buy some bright blue and red balloons and streamers.
    Draw tracks (with Chalk) up to the front door or entrance.
    Place a sign on front door that says something like All Aboard for (your child's name)'s Birthday!

Cover your table with a white sheet or table cloth.
    Make train tracks with black construction paper or streamers running down the middle of the table. Place a toy Thomas on the track with a bouquet of balloons attached.

For a game paint empty wrapping paper rolls with red and white stripes, make duct tape tracks. This railroad crossing symbol can be raised and lowered along with a clanging bell in a train theme version of Red Light Green Light. First one to cross the duct-tape tracks gets to ring the crossing bell for the next round.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Make things yourself! Make a cake and pipe train tracks on it and put a Thomas train on the track (you can also personalize it by writing Happy Birthday Austin), Make your own invitations. Google images of Thomas and copy and paste to make cute homemade invites (I do this for my kids every year). I also print out pictures of the characters (for the theme I am using), cut them out and use shipping tape t laminate them, get some yarn and tape them to the ceiling (My kids LOVE this). I also get crepe paper and decorate the windows like presents in appropriate colors. We get Balloons (I mylar character balloon and then the number of years old regular latex balloons and put them on the birthday kids chair).
    I but a themed table cloth and then get appropriate paper plates and plastic ware. I serve something like chili or Vegetable soup (cause its cheap).
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Go to your local "Dollar Tree" and scope things out. GL
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 12:45 AM on Dec. 24, 2010