i have a dilemma...

I am falling in love with someone. we both had our hearts broken last year and we began talking as friends...now we have a connection and we both feel it. There is a big age gap. He is 40 and I am 22. We have the same interests and I haven't felt a connection like this in a really long time. I guess the problem is that he is my ex's uncle. Am i wrong to love him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldnt go there. Its not worth the family drama. Especially if you have a child with the ex. Youll find someone else. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• no i dont think so me and my husband i am 27 and he is 33 when we met i was 20 and he was 26 and for some reason we have had the same things in common too but i started my life faster than he did and we have been together now and still in love we have one child together and two from my other relationship but he treats them all the same.
    dora8279

Answer by dora8279 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree. Don't go there. It's too close and the drama that will explode will be with you forever. Leave him be and find someone else.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It doesn't sound to my like a completely impossible relationship--but improbably for sure. I would hold off for a long time and see what happens.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Not wrong to love him but not sure it's a good idea to pursue that.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• His ex cheated on him and he didn't date anyone for almost two years. I left my immature ex and I haven't dated in over a year. we just started talking and we just clicked. I know the fact that he's my ex's uncle makes things a little weird but my ex never sees that side of his family and he never knew them growing up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't think that the age gap really matters, my husband is about the same age as the guy you're talking about. I do think that him being your ex's uncle complicates it a bit, but I don't see why it should be off limits. People break up and marry their ex's brothers all the time. And as you said they aren't even close, but I will say even though that is true your ex most likely will make a stink if/when he finds out, so just be prepared.

Good luck on your decision.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks...I think I'm going to go for it. He's a well respected man and is a perfect gentleman...hard to find in guys my own age. We deserve to be happy. thanks again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Who can tell you that your wrong for having the feelings you do?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't date in the family.. wouldn't it be weird if your ex dated your aunt... or your cousin...
    the age thing would not matter to me.
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 8:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010