Can someone help me not get upset over my husband's ex-wife trying to still stay involved in our personal lives?

Last Christmas my husband took ill and while he was in the hospital I receive a phone call from one of his sister's that live out of state and I asked her how she knew that he was ill. And, that his ex-wife called her. Now, my husband's kid's told their mom the ex-wife about my husband being sick and all but she did not need to be getting involved in calling my husband's family out of state and I am trying to deal with the situation in hand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it's reasonable to believe that the ex would be curious as to the health and well being of the father of her children. I'm guessing by your response to her actions that she may have felt you wouldn't receive a call to you well so she took it upon herself to call someone else in the family. Maybe she did that to stay in the background and not take the light from your role as his present wife. I don't see it as any type of threat. As a matter of fact I see it as her being respectful to you as you have so much going on with him.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I believe that if he has kids from a previous relationship then she is always going to be involved in his life... They made kids together, at one point they loved each other.. there is nothing wrong if she asked if he was okay.

I think you need to get over the fact that she is going to know about your personal life.. they have kids together.. the kids will most likely say things, maybe things you dont want her to know.. and she is always going to be a part of your husbands life..because the kids will eternally connect the two together....
    Anonymous

• I am wondering why you didn't call his family. Perhaps she knew you didn't and she felt they needed to know. Unless he asked you not to tell them, I think she was right to call. Since your husband and this woman have children together, she needs to know what is going on with their father. If he was able to call, I think he should have called both his ex and his family, just to keep the lines of communication open and direct.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• According to my husband his ex-wife is very insecure and very jealous and she is always wanting to be an attention getter.
    Stepmomto5547

Answer by Stepmomto5547 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• they have kids together. they are still connected. you have to learn to deal wiht it. try to befriend her so you cna keep an eye on her. and remember, you have him, not her.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I'm wondering why you posted about this 7 months after the fact. I'm also wondering why, since you thought you needed to go public with this...you neglected to mention that he was "dying" and my sons were told this. I'm also wondering why, as previous posters said, you did not let his family back east know. His sister would have been devastated. Why don't you ask me questions, if you really want to know instead of creating all this public drama?

The truth be told, you are insecure and need to be center of attention. It is obvious in your obsession with me.

I asked you before if you were done posting about me online, and you said in front of my husband and son that you didn't know what I was talking about. I ask again, are you done? Refer to recent post you made about me as well. Also looking for me on other sites. Stop it. I'm not that interesting. Stalking is a crime.
    Mamasita2Many

Answer by Mamasita2Many at 6:00 PM on May. 2, 2009