does baking take more precision and right timing than cooking regular meals?

like;; if u don't let the dough rise enough or rise for too long what will happen etc...i am not good at baking!

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, and usually when cooking if taste is off you can fix it but once bake goods are done ther done
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• baking involves the chemical (and sometimes BIOLOGICAL) reactions of your ingredients, so yes, it does involve a lot of precision.

I can make (though not DECORATE) any kind of cookie, cake or cupcake.. but I cannot get anything yeast-based (bread or rolls) to SAVE MY LIFE! I suspect I either rush the rise or my milk is too hot and I kill the yeast.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes baking is all about the right measurements. Cooking is all about the right flavors together, but it's more to taste than measurement.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• YES, absolutely
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes, baking is the only time I really use a recipe exactly. I can't really do yeast breads either, that's going to be one of my projects this winter.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yeah baking is a science! Of course I am a professional baker so I have to say that. Cake decoration is an art! Even though it is baking too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, baking is like a science and needs precise measurements to work. Baking is the only time I use a recipe, otherwise I cook by sight and taste.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• YES! I can cook really well and can make meals timed out perfectly for 25 people. I cannot bake worth a lick!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Baking is a science and cooking is an art.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010