should i let my four year old have a teddy bear still?

my four year old is bigger than his age but he still acts like some what of a toddler and he is so smart but he still tells me things like he wants to be treated like a baby what should i do?

dora8279

Asked by dora8279 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it makes him happy then let him have it. Hes only 4. Im sure he wont walk around with it as a teenager lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Go for it, its his security. He will eventually outgrow it, so for now just let him be a kid.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I believe we try to make our children grow up too fast. He is only 4, let him have his bear. My son had a blankie until he was 10 and now that he is 13, he doesn't sleep with it anymore. I am a little sad about that lol.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• The answer is in your question already! If he wants to be treated like a baby he doesn't want to grow up and feel uncomfortable with expectations people have because he doesn't look his age. My guess is, he's looking for safety and he can only get that from the person he depends on. And that is you. LEt him be and let him know he's a great little guy and mommy loves him veeeeeery much.
    It's not a problem at all. You'll see as soon as you let go of it, it'll solve itself. I\m confident of that, becasue I have the same thing with my dd at times and it usually happens when I'm stressed and uptight. Then I let go and all is fine.
    I hope this helped. If it did, let me know. :-)
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Should you let a 4 year old have a teddy bear? Of course!
    Should you treat a 4 your old "like a baby"? No.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• let him have the bear, i promise you he won't go to college with it :)

my 4 year old still carries around and sleeps with her monkey she's had since she was 2. my 2 year old carries her babies around everywhere, we can't even go outside without them. its a form of comfort and security :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• lol...my son is 16 and he still has his stuffed turtle from when he was a kid and he wont get rid of it...he just doesnt carry it around ne more ...lol
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• thank you so much for your answers it is just that he just picked this up again he had not had anything like this except for a blanket and that was when he was three and he is already gonna turn five and im not sure why he is doing this but your answers did help than you
    dora8279

Comment by dora8279 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My daughter has a duckie that she loves. Some people tell me that she is too big for him but I don't agree. I feel that she finds comfort in him and I don't see her taking him everywhere she goes when she goes to college. She does understand that there are some places that Duckie is not allowed to go, such as school. In short, I feel that Duckie isn't hurting a thing and I don't plan on taking him until she is ready for him to go.
    jennifer9607

Answer by jennifer9607 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 4 year old having a teddy bear.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 6:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010