Is it normal?

I am wondering if many kids are the same way? When my dd gets sick, she gets several different sicknesses. This year was almost impossible. She got strep throat, got a shot and went back to school. Not even a week past and she had something called pytdia risis rosa, spots all over her back, face and chest. The doctor said it is not contagious. The virus is already in our system it just happen to rear it's ugly head. The secretary and I both agreed to keep her home until it got better. A week and half she stayed out of school. I sent her back bc she had missed a lot of school and the sores on her face took all of a month to clear up. I am wondering if there are other moms that have had to keep their child out of school that long? If so, did you get in any trouble by the school? I haven't but I wonder if they will if she gets another illness.

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 5:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son missed a lot due to allergies in pre-K. It didn't matter much. I would have been concerned if he was older.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't care what they have to say if I keep our boys home because of sickness. I make sure they stay up on their school work. Our son just recently missed 5 days of school because of having pneumonia, and they were just happy to know he was all better, and didn't end up in the hospital.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If a child is sick, a child is sick. Plain and simple.

When my kids have had to stay home for more than a day or two, I'd pick up the schoolwork they missed so they didn't fall too far behind.
    Anonymous

• my daughter has had to go through a very ragic death of my 17 year old little brother he was very close to me and my ten year old daughter my daughter has had this very weird cough since it happen i took her to the doctor and she had broncitis and then she still had the cough before all of this she had asthma is what the doctor told me but the inhaler was not doing her any good so the after all the time she was out of school too i finally took her to a hospital in the city because she was still coughing and there was nothing wrong with her and they sis test so i told the doctor about the death in the family and to top it off my parents are getting a divorce and the doctor told me that it could be an attention thing that she needs to talk it out with a therapist and since i have been talking to her it has been better.
    dora8279

Answer by dora8279 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Id keep her home until she was 100% better, the same way I think other parents should/
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• well i have dr notes from the hospital. all my daughter's absences are excused.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 3:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If my child is sick, they stay home. Get a drs note.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Maybe you can look into homeschooling. It can get kind of expensive but you dont have to "buy" curriculum for every subject. Just a thought. Then you cant get in trouble for her missing because of illness.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010