should i tell her that her baking is no good?

my mom is a deaconess at her church,and she was given the much coveted and prestigious (church wise) duty of baking the bread for holy communion for a GRAND church event. she has never done it before,so she practiced the entire week (she followed the recipe word for word) but for some reason she made pebbles; although she was stressed and discouraged she still tried like 30 times but still never got it right. the last batch she made a few hours before service was as hard as her 1st try and i am embarrassed to say the least!! the texture of the communion bread should be flaky and crispy but hers turned out like jawbreakers, do i say something? she would hate me if she knew i was typing this lol.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Imagine hearing that from the church members! She would be horrified! Tell her the truth and maybe help her get it right!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'd suggest buying it and not wasting more time and money trying to make it. I'm sure there is a bakery or supply house that has it

Answer by admckenzie at 5:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Well bless her heart she doesn't give up easy and anyone trying that hard, no, I don't think you should say that. Give her praise for continually trying to get it right.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• While she might be upset with you I think you should tell her. If the whole church has to eat this and it is not correct wouldn't that be more embarassing then hearing you tell her.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If it's what I'm thinking I've never actually seen it in a store. It's not like normal bread more like pie crust only different (if it's what I remember). If it's not too late for her to ask for help I would tell her but if it's already happened I would just ask her to call you next time, that you're more than willing to help.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This is a really hard thing to bake, I don't know, I probably wouldn't say anything this time. The communion bread is one of the most difficult things I've ever made. I know it seems like a simple recipie, but it really takes a special person to be able to make it all light and fluffy like it's "supposed" to be. But I've had it where it's been a brick, and I've had it nice and fluffy too.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 5:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would only tell her if she asks. I would let her down easy too...if she asks if it was terrible say..it was chewier than normal or soemthing to that effect. You cant lie and say it was great but dont bring it up unless she asks.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Maybe its really important to her to bake this. I wouldn't say anything. I doubt anyone else would say anything. She made an awesome effort and that says it all.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If she keeps trying and trying she already know. Otherwise she would have stopped and said: " Well done, me!" If you go to her while she's busy and casually say something like: "Can I help you with anything here?" YOu'll probably get a whole wave of frustration, but at least it's coming from her then. Just a guess.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would tell her to throw in the towel and cut her losses if sh can...then again I don't know what kind of relationship u have with her ao maybe don't say that. lol. I bet she's kneeding the dough too much. that usually makes bread hard. use a stand mixer if you can.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010