a diamond ring i object(vent)UPDATE

OK so my daughter came home from school and she had all of these Christmas gifts and candy bags that she got from her class winter party well 1 gift was wrapped still so i took it upon my self to open it while she was in the shower(shes 8) well it just so happens its a Jarred ring box i opened it and it was a really nice diamond ring
and then inside the bag was a purl earring(only 1) and a card that said:Susie you are my world merry Christmas
so when she got out the tub i asked her who gave her that she told me some boy named Kevin
im pretty sure kevin"s parents didn't buy this ring for my daughter so i emailed his teacher instead of going back to the school well his teacher called me and i asked her can i have kevins parents number so we could meet up and i could return this ring and earing well she wouldn't give it to something about:school rules well that's fine i told her when she gets a hold to kevins parents to give them my number so we can meet up and i can give this back she told me she couldn't do that earthier so i asked her can i meet with her to give her the ring and she can mail it back to kevins parents she told me she couldn't do that eather basically i kinda feel bad here because someone spent there money on a beautiful ring for someone they care about and there Christmas is gonna be ruined what do i do now any suggestions?
i mean the child was a sweet heart for giving my daughter a gift but he"s old enough to know you don't take things that don't belong to you
ugg(*vent over)

update 12/21/10
ok so this morning i took my daughter to the library to finish up her project for school well when we sat at the table waiting for her to get done printing stuff,we happened to see Kevin there with his mother(the ring wasn't for her) so i explained to her and she told me how susie is the dads girlfriend and kevin cant stand her and all this unnecessary stuff that i didn't need to know but she called kevins father right there and explained to him and he told her it was ok to give me his number after i talked to him about 2 hours ago he told me that he was in Fresno California and he would be make tonight and he would give me a call so i can meet him and give him the ring back:)

now that was really a Christmas miracle because i seriously didn't think i would see them to give them the ring back
what a relief

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 5:21 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Whereby you gave the teacher permission to give his parents your #, don't know why she couldn't have done that...........Glad it's back to it's righful owner.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• @zbee yea me eathier she was just telling how she could loose her job and stuff
    but im soo glad
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• glad you got the ring back to the owner!! wow he woulda been mad when he couldnt find that ring lol.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Wow glad you could give it back. Next time you should email the principal instead.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• wow, that was crazy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• That's insane. The teacher can give out your number, at your request. She just didn't want to. How awesome that you saw them at the library though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2010