Help with perscriptions

I recently got my hrs. cut back at work so lost all my insurance, including my prescription card I have a BP medication that cost like 85.00 a month is there any place that helps with these medications?

StressedOut107

Asked by StressedOut107 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• Start with your doctor - ask if there is a generic equivalent for your medication and ask him/her for samples.

Then write to the drug manufacturer. They will sometimes help you out (Astra Zenica even offers their assistance on television).
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I agree w/ starting with your doctor, but you could also call your pharmacist and see what he says is a cheaper alternative as well.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 5:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If you have a Walmart near you check them out. I heard that they give different pricing for people who don't have insurance and have to pay for their medications on their own.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Walmart and Target both have medicine that only costs around $4 without insurance. Call them and see if your medicine is on their list.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have no insurance either and take 5 meds. 2 for blood pressure. The Dr. should have a list of $4 rx's for Target and walmart. Ask the Dr. to help you out with this.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010