How do you put your mind at ease from the thoughts in your head?

Sometimes I am up and ready to go for no reason. Then I think of all the things I could be doing while I sit down for the maybe a minute I can sit still.
My Hubby wants me to relax today. And I am always looking for something to do.
I guess my whole family is this way. But I would like to learn to relax.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 5:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• Meds..lol Some people can't relax, my Dh always tells me to relax and I can't my mind goes, then I have to get up and do something
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This is a bad answer and I'll probably get a lot of thumbs down, but I have always been the same way! I was put on anti anxiety meds though to help w/ it!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 5:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Theres really nothing you can do if thats just your personality. Have a glass of wine or put on a movie and just tell yourself that your taking a short break
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If you do not find a way to relax once in a while it will eventually catch up with you health wise, think about this when you can't sit still. Yoga is a good practice for this...

Answer by older at 5:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Funny how today's society goes for the pills, in a heart beat, not realizing that yes it might relax you but screw up something else in the process.

Answer by older at 5:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks for the answers. No I won't give you a thumbs down, because you didn't do anything to make me feel terrible.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I wish I knew how to ease my mind.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I like the glass of wine idea... I'm pretty sure thats what I am going to do when I get off work lol
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I lose myself in a good book, scrapbooking, cardmaking, photo editing, baking, and oh, so much more. I find that when I get creative, I tend to not think so much about what is spinning around in my head. Sometimes, being creative actually helps me think more clearly. I come up with some of my best resolutions to issues when I am immersed in my creativity.

specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Read good books. I have gotten into the habit of reading mysteries - they keep me so interested that my mind tends not to wander as much and my body is able to relax. Some good authors are: John Grisham, James, Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Richard Castle and Michael Connelly. You can find great books at used book stores and consignment stores for often less than $1 each. Dive into them and keep on reading!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2010