what will you do if your teen slaps you????

neng999

Asked by neng999 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I will slap her back
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• This may be bad, but I'd slap them back, and tell them to get their ass in their room!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 5:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• well other then slap them back i would call 911 and have said teenager arrested. actucally i know a few cops so i would call them to do a scared straight thing. take the kid to jail in handcuffs and everything. im not playing there games
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 6:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• knagsmom, I completely agree with you
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• First, I doubt she ever would, because dh and I have raised her to be respectful of us. We don't hit her and have not allowed abusive or aggressive behavior in our home. We have taught her to settle problems with words. If, however, she did slap me, I would try to calm myself down and tell her that hitting is not allowed in our home. Then I would work out a punishment for her that fit the crime... i.e. the hand offends, the hand suffers... and take away her ipod or cell phone or whatever else she loves that depends on her hands for use.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We would more than likely keep going at it till the neighbors called the cops or one of us needed to go to the ER, we are both so stubborn and think we are right all the time-- it would not be good!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 6:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• A spanking she would not forget in a hurry.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• It probably would not be the wises move, but 1st she will get slapped back, then we will sit down and discuss the looong punishment.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• None of my kids have done that and I really don't see them doing it. If they did, I would be the proper adult and NOT slap her back. I would, however give a much deserved spanking as that breaks our only 2 rules of our house: 1.) Be respectful and 2.) Be obedient. Any other do's and dont's fall under those 2 rules.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• After the shock wore off I'm not entirely sure what I would do. My first thought depending on the circumstance would be to call the police because there is no way I can defend myself against my son, he's much bigger and stronger than me. The other thought would be to attempt to hit him back but I believe that effort would be futile. I think it would really depend on what was going on that he felt the need to hit me, because honestly I can't ever imagine either of my boys hitting me.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2010